There's no downshift: Trading in the US equities markets has stayed intense throughout the summer. And, there have been some interesting developments.
One example– the Amazon and Google stock splits. Our Head of Research, Patrick Dote, took a look at the implications for trading volume, size, and costs.
Pat’s one of several leaders who have spent the summer mentoring the top-flight young minds who joined us as summer interns. Talent management, especially of the next generation in the industry, is crucial. I hope you’ll enjoy reading about their observations and high-performance assignments.
And if you’re making plans to be at the Canadian Security Traders Association meeting, Trading Evolved’s Canada event, or the upcoming annual meetings of SIFMA or STA, I look forward to seeing you there.
During the past month, there have been several significant policy and regulatory developments impacting trading and market structure in the equities markets. These include:
• US Court of Appeals Issues Decision on SEC Market Data Governance Order
• SEC Re-Proposes Amendments to Exemption from National Securities Association Membership
• US Court of Appeals Issues Decision on Challenge to IEX D-Limit Approval
• SEC Signals Soft Dollar Guidance
• Jaime Lizárraga Sworn in as SEC Commissioner